scandium frame forum

SCANDIUM INTERNATIONAL MINING CORP SCY Board

Jun 12, 2019Scandium International Mining Corp., formerly EMC Metals Corp., is a specialty metals mining company focused on specialty metal and mineral properties, specifically scandium. The Company's operational focus is on its controlled Nyngan Scandium project and its owned Tordal Scandium property.

Get Price

Scandium???

Aug 31, 2007Een Scandium frame is eigenlijk een Aluminium-Scandium legering. Hierdoor wordt het frame stijver en sterker. Het kan daardoor lichter uitgevoerd worden. Of er nadelen aan zitten weet ik niet. Zoals bij alle materialen zullen er ook wel nadelen aan zijn. Beter alleen op

Get Price

New SW1911 Scandium?

Mar 27, 2004HANDGUN FORUM. HANDGUNS. New SW1911 Scandium? New SW1911 Scandium? General. Recent Posts Threads . New Members Sign In Page / MENU . HANDGUNS. Trouble Shooting. Helpful Tips Tricks. General Handgun Topics. The Lounge. Movies . Political . 1911 Semi-Auto. 1911 : Frame Assembly. 1911 : Detailed Disassembly. Functional Description Of

Get Price

Scandium 1911

Apr 04, 2019My plan is Mahovsky hard chrome over a Caspian investment cast frame. FYI, Caspian uses the exact same frames as Ruger (pine Tree) JEM frames are 7075, but I love the integral plunger tube option that Caspian offers, and I believe that Ruger, always a leader in firearm investment casting, has their mix right. However, 7075 is a HELL of an alloy.

Get Price

Opinions on SW 317 .22LR and SW

Apr 14, 20121 7/8 Barrel/Scandium Alloy Frame/Black Finish Smith Wessons line of rimfire revolvers is the perfect choice forcompetition, plinking and small game hunting. The small J-frame 351 Airliteis built on an aluminum alloy frame and includes a low profile nonreflective black matte finish for

Get Price

SW Scandium

Feb 28, 2007Trap Shooters Forum. Forums Trap Shooting Forums Uncategorized Threads Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. sw 1911 pd scandium frame crimson trace laser 108296 review. Trap Shooters Forum. Forums Trap Shooting Forums Uncategorized Threads

Get Price

Maximum rider weight scandium frame?

May 08, 2003Guys. My Neuron, Coppi frame broke at the weekend from damage caused three years ago. A friend has a Viner Scandium frame (I know its aluminium really) I could buy but I seem to remember seeing a maximum rider weight mentioned for this

Get Price

Body's off, Frame is sagged!

Aug 01, 2019My coupe body's off the frame! Very light sanding with a belt sander and subsequent checking with a 4 ft level has revealed about a 1/8 sag in the frame by the LH motor mount and about 1/16- 3/32 by the RH motor mount. I'm looking for a solution to this problem. I've tried Brent Terry's method of shrinking

Get Price

Wipeout Frame settings

I use wipeouts often in my drawings and was wondering if there is a setting to lock your choice of frame setting. My choice doesn't save with the drawing and when it is opened again I have to remember to turn the setting back to display but not plot. Is there a way to lock this setting

Get Price

Scandium

Oct 11, 2011Plenty of scandium alloy hardtail frames on the market. And The Hive isn't first on the block with a scandium rim, Bontrager's had one for a few years. fwiw, it's really just an aluminum component/frame with scandium added. It only takes a tiny amount of scandium

Get Price

Show Us Your Scandium Framed Guns!

Jul 21, 2018I have a Model 360 Scandium framed snub nose .38sp. I know there are quite a few variations of revolvers and semi auto's that have scandium frames. I live my model 360 and it is in my rotation for EDC. I added a Big Dot tritium front sight, which really helps with quick acquisition on target. Here is a pic of my Scandium framed revolver.

Get Price

Why is Smith and Wesson the only maker of scandium frames

Jul 24, 2015Why is Smith and Wesson the only maker of scandium frames Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Molly Hatchet, Aug 16, 2012. Aug 16, 2012 #1 1911Addicts is the premiere 1911 Forum for enthusiasts. Founded in 2011 as a refuge for those that truly appreciate John Moses Brownings finest creation. Welcome to the Addiction!

Get Price

Scandium 44 Magnum Questions

Mar 10, 2017Earlier today I was offered a Very slightly used SW 44 magnum revolver that is so light I could not believe it--weighs 2.8 pounds! Thinking seriously about purchasing it but as I have no knowledge of these, I'm wondering about the quality and durability of these guns. It would be a dream to pack all day but full house magnum loads must be punishing, to say the least.

Get Price

What is Scandium?

Feb 22, 2011Heat causes the grain size of aluminum to increase. Scandium helps to control this. Smaller grains mean smaller grain boundaries which in turn helps keep cracks from forming at weld joints. Other manufacturers are beginning to offer their versions of Scandium alloy frame tubes. Simply adding Scandium to existing alloys is an expensive marketing

Get Price

scandium guns: fiinish?

May 29, 2008Does anybody know what the finish is on the steel parts of the scandium guns? Are they blued? I'd be paranoid that if I carried one on a camping trip, I'd have to oil it every night. I was wondering if a gun like the 329 takes any special maintenance. I realize the frame is probably annodized, but I wouldn't want to find a corroded barrel after coming home from a wet hiking trip.

Get Price

How to Shear Your Scandium .44 Mag Revolver in Half

May 17, 2010How to Shear Your Scandium .44 Mag Revolver in Half. There has been a trend to ever-lighter handgun frame construction, in an effort to make pistols lighter and more convenient to carry. Ruger just introduced the LCR 357, a .357 Magnum carry revolver with a frame made, in part, from plastic. Well, perhaps weight reduction efforts have gone too

Get Price

Scandium N

Oct 04, 2014The scandium frames are better suited as a light weight carry gun and not a constant shooter. Randy Lee warned me away from a scandium 8 shooter due to longevity and I figure he know a few things about working on revolvers. :-) Revolver Forum ; Scandium N-frame longevity

Get Price

Pan in a shovel frame

Dec 11, 2018I've known the guy 45 years, ya it runs, all rebuilt,was a show bike, then sold to my buddy. he kinda sat in the garage making voom-voom noises, was a little to crazy for him to ride. anyway i borrowed him some cash a while ago, was gonna be hard for him to pay back, so he says thrown in some more and take the bike. good numbers, including the belly. i got $4500 into it.

Get Price

Scandium revolvers

Jan 19, 2009Scandium revolvers. This is a discussion on Scandium revolvers within the Pistols Revolvers forums, part of the Pistol Revolver Forum category; I call it Scam-'um because SW would make you want to think the gun is made of scandium when indeed it is just a tiny

Get Price

SW MP 340 Scandium J

Feb 20, 2011With it, I can keep all five rounds in a standard sized paper plate at 20yds. I can't come close to that with .357 or .38+P in either J frame. I'm just not fond of a J frame for primary carry because I can shoot my compact 9mm with +P GDHP so much more accurately. Besides recoil, another advantage of a .38 is the shorter case for extraction.

Get Price

StoppingPower Forums

I had an SW Scandium Commander-sized pistol. It was a beautiful gun, accurate and easy to handle, however, on one particular day down on the department range it decided to go full auto on me. Smith and Wesson preferred to call it hammer follows slide, but I know a submachinegun when I shoot one. Anyways, they fixed it and sent it back.

Get Price

SW 1911 Scandium question

Oct 12, 2006If I searched the two 1911 forum websites I might find the pics from a 2004/2005 thread I saw on 1 of the sites. But, I'll tell U that I have seen some pics of some HORRIBLY huge craters inside the frame caused by the metal follower if you use the gun enough. It

Get Price

Who conceals a revolver, and how?

Jul 04, 2019When I feel the need, I wear the 627-5 in a shoulder holster to take the weight, girth, and length of the big N-Frame off my hip. I also carry a SW Model 66 snubbie in a Galco high-ride belt holster in lieu of the N-Frame. The scandium J-Frame then goes into a pocket holster on the opposite side as the Model 66.

Get Price

Has anyone had experience with SW 1911 sc??????

Jul 03, 2012Scandium is an element, a very expensive one. SW adds it in small amounts (maybe less than 1%) to the aluminum alloy in their high end frames. I found this on the Smith Wesson forum: When added to aluminium, scandium substantially lowers the rate of recrystallization and associated grain-growth in weld heat-affected zones.

Get Price

SW Model 360 Scandium at Bud's for $419

Feb 24, 2009SW Model 360 Scandium at Bud's for $419. This is a discussion on SW Model 360 Scandium at Bud's for $419 within the Deals forums, part of the Marketplace category; Just came across this while browsing. It's a 13.3 oz .38+p in Scandium. Same frame as .357Mag model for

Get Price

Ribble Scandium

Oct 25, 2008My Scandium frame is three years old and it is the best I have ever owned, I wouldn't hesitate to get another. As for comfort, there is no such thing as an uncomfortable frame. If you suffer jarring on a bike either your position is all wrong or you are using crap tyres or saddle.

Get Price

SW 625

Jan 14, 2011Range Report - SW 625-10, s/n SCC0487 KABOOM! 1/14/11: See update at bottom of post. This being a scandium alloy frame gun, A bit of online research later that evening lead to this Smith Wesson-oriented forum discussing this very model pistol. A quick read of the comment thread (there are only 14 entries) makes clear that these

Get Price

Scandium frames

Feb 26, 2015Anyone here have experience with smith and wessons scandium frame handguns? I'm looking into buying a revolver and a 1911 that both have scandium frames. I emailed them and according to them, they use a small amount of scandium in an actual aluminum frame and it increases the strength of the aluminum by %50.

Get Price

Scandium bikes vs Steel, Aluminium Alloy, Titanium Alloy

Hi I have a scandium frame, Kona Kula Supreme 2006. Scandium is an aluminium alloy which is lighter and stiffer than normal aluminium. You can make thinner frame tubing with same strength as normal aluminium. Therefore it is lighter feel is the same as aluminium. All scandium frames are made of Easton scandium alloy, you can check Easton webbie.

Get Price

Scandium and Titanium

Dec 23, 2009Hi guys and gals, I don't know anything about using scandium for mtb frames but see them for sale. I've been looking at Lynskeys and the titanium frames they build, drool! I'm interested in building a 29er. I see 29er scandium frames for about 1/2 the price of a titanium frame from Lynskeys.

Get Price

Live chat with our professional customer service! Get the quotation list.

Chat Now